Debt Collector Abuse is Wrong and Against The Law
WV Debt Collector Abuse Attorney and Ohio Debt Collector Abuse Attorney
Under the Federal Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA), consumers are protected from unfair, abusive and deceptive debt collecting practices. Even if you owe the debt, laws protect how you are treated. Have you been a victim?
- Harassing debt collection calls
- Unannounced visits from debt collectors
- Debt collectors threatening legal action
- Debt collectors using abusive language
- Debt collectors communicating false debt information
- Debt collectors contacting friends, relatives and employers about your debt and even trying to collect from them.
If debt collectors violate the law, you may be able to bring a claim for monetary damages as well as reasonable attorney fees and costs. If a debt collector has treated you in any of these ways, WV and Ohio debt collector abuse attorney John Ellem is your consumer rights advocate in West Virginia and Ohio to help you put a stop to debt collector harassment. In these cases, our clients do not pay any attorney fees up front. Ellem Law Office is only compensated if we are successful in prosecuting your claim or case.
To learn more about your legal rights fill out our FREE case analysis form or call (304) 424-5297 to schedule an appointment.